New Scene management app from Philips Lighting allows lighting managers to control a building’s façade lighting from anywhere, at any time using a smartphone or tablet
Philips Lighting announced today the launch of a new cloud-based Scene management app that enables businesses to quickly and effortlessly change a building’s architectural lighting using your smartphone or tablet. The app, specially designed for use on smart devices, further illustrates the company’s leadership in connected lighting and lighting for the Internet of Things.
With a simple tap or swipe, the Interact Landmark Scene management app enables lighting managers to manage, control and change the lighting on bridges, buildings and monuments on the fly. Spectacular light shows can be remotely programmed to commemorate special events, holidays and important civic causes. For example, managers can now respond quickly to a request from the mayor’s office to paint a bridge in pink light to support World Breast Cancer Awareness or program.
“Architectural lighting is increasingly being used by businesses and cities to create a unique identity and engaging experiences. The need to be ‘on call’ and responsive to last minute requests outside of the office is a pain point for lighting managers. The app now provides them with the flexibility to change lighting scenes at any moment and anytime. It also illustrates the power of Interact Landmark to support lighting managers, simplify the management of architectural lighting and help make cities smarter and more livable,” said Jacques Letzelter, Global Business Leader Public Segment at Philips Lighting.
Controlling the light, whenever & wherever
Site managers may personalize their user account settings and securely access their architectural lighting system while on the go. They can change colors, trigger light shows and view schedules. As the app works via the cloud, authorized users no longer need to first log in via a VPN connection.
The app is part of Interact Landmark suite of capabilities and will be available in June 2018.
Live demonstrations of the Scene Management app will be on display at the Philips Lighting booth #1402 at LIGHTFAIR taking place in Chicago, May 8-10, 2018 at McCormick Place.
Features and functionality within the new Scene Management app include:
- Remote content management: ability to work on-the-go and remotely, to select and change a building’s lighting to suit virtually nearly any occasion.
- Cloud enabled access: secure app access via smartphone, tablet or PCs. No need to connect to company network or VPN.
- Color picker, white picker: selection from a color pallet of 16 million colors.
- Trigger shows, scenes: instantly trigger a pre-programmed show or scene at the tap of a screen.
- Multi-site content management: create and manage content for multiple installations around a city, or anywhere in the world. A ‘Virtual Button’ feature allows a user to group shows and scenes from multiple installations so that they can all be controlled on a single trigger.
- Calendar schedules: bookmark dates and moments to change lighting scenes for holidays and special events.
- Flexible user management: create customized user profiles and access privileges.
- Secure and simple connectivity: provides secure and easy connectivity between the software controller on site, and the Interact Landmark Scene management software without need to setup up VPN or other secure tunnels, or static IP for the controller.