How Philips Lighting is celebrating ENERGY STAR Day
ENERGY STAR Day is October 27th and during the month of October, as an ENERGY STAR partner Philips Lighting is encouraging all their employees to proactively make a commitment to saving energy and protecting the environment. To do so, we are asking that ALL employees take the ENERGY STAR pledge.
Here is how we are helping to Change the World at the Philips Lighting headquarters in Somerset New Jersey.
- Every Monday in October we are doing a light bulb exchange. The official kick off the exchange took place on Thursday, October 8
- In the cafeteria during lunch employees are encouraged to turn in an old incandescent lamp (if they still had any) and in exchange they receive a new LED bulb for free!
- Employees could bring in as many incandescent lamps has they wanted to get rid of, but we could only exchange up to two LED’s while supplies last.
- Then we had them sign up on-line to make a pledge to make the switch to LED lighting, along with other actions that will make their home more energy efficient.
- After signing the pledge they also signed the Make the Switch poster in the cafeteria as a visual testament of our commitment to our environment.
Our goal is to inspire ALL Somerset employees to make the on-line pledge, demonstrating our commitment to Change the World with ENERGY STAR
To help move the energy saving cause, we will be hosting a Twitter party on @PhilipsLightUS on October 27. Follow the hashtag #ENERGYSTARDay .
VIDEO Celebrate ENERGYSTAR Day
ENERGY STAR is the simple choice for energy efficiency, and for more than 20 years, people across America have looked to the EPA’s ENERGY STAR program for guidance on saving energy, money, and protecting the environment.
Philips Lighting continues its participation with ENERGY STAR, and for the last three years have earned the EPA’s highest ENERGY STAR award – the Partner of the Year designation. Last year we achieved the Sustained Excellence Award, demonstrating our continued strong commitment to energy efficiency and to preserving a healthy planet for future generations.